TOWN COUNCIL RULES AS THEY RELATE TO THIS COMMITTEE:
SECTION 602.32 - Library Board of Trustees
There shall be a Library Board of Trustees consisting of five (5) members and two (2) alternates appointed by the Town Council for three (3) year staggered terms.
- There shall be a Library Director, appointed by the Town Manager, upon recommendation of the Library Board of Trustees.
1. The Library Board of Trustees shall adopt policy, etc. relating to the operation and planning of the Library.
- The Board of Trustees shall establish rules and policies to guide the Library Director.
2. The Library Director shall be responsible to the Town Manager for following the guidelines set forth by the Board of Trustees.
3. All expenditures of library funds shall be made by the Town Treasurer upon request of the Board, or in cases where the Librarian is authorized by the Board, upon request of the Librarian.
4. The Library Trustees shall have the authority to use the Library Reserve funds for purchases or services pertaining to the Library.
- Purchases made from the Library Reserve must be maintained only with funds from the Library Reserve Fund.
- The Library Reserve Fund shall consist of gifts or donations to the Gray Public Library, and any interest generated by these funds. The use of such funds shall be approved by a majority vote of the Library Board of Trustees, and the Library Director.
- A purchase order signed by the Library Director and the Chair of the Trustees shall be submitted to the Town Treasurer, no further approval shall be required.