Town Hall Hours
Monday - Wednesday
8:30 am - 4:00 pm
8:30 am - 6:30 pm
8:30 am - 12:00
24 Main Street
Gray, ME 04039
Tel (207) 657-3339
Fax (207) 657-2852
2011-02-09 Solid Waste/Recycling Committee Minutes
Gray Solid Waste & Recycling Committee Meeting,
Gray Town Offices
5:30PM - February 9, 2011
- 1. Review 2010 Transfer Station totals: No remarkable trends except for a 42% increase in recycled news paper and a nearly 20% decrease in light iron totals.
- 2. Status of the new ordinance review: Ordinance is waiting for review.
- 3. Review "Recycler of the Year" nominees and make up text for ecoexcellence award form: Following the recommendation of teacher Karen Licht's classes, the committee chooses to submit the name of Mark Collins of the Bottle Barn in Gray as a candidate for the ecoexcellence award.
- 4. Recycling education initiative ideas: Will investigate possible funding from the Maine State Planning Office for educational initiatives. Also discusses several local initiatives.
- 5. Proposal to re-name the committee: Conduct a web search to see how other towns title their committees.
- 6. Open season: Update on cooperation from the Maine Wildlife Park.
Gray Solid Waste & Recycling Committee