2023 Volunteer Recognition Award Nominations Open
In every town, big or small, volunteering is everything. Gray is fortunate enough to have many people who volunteer their time and effort to make our town a better place. Does somebody come to mind when you think of volunteerism in Gray? Why not nominate that person for an award?
Each year, Gray recognizes and celebrates the folks who are the backbone of the community. The Gray Town Council encourages and welcomes nominations from Gray citizens who wish to recognize other community members for their volunteer contributions as they relate to the seven categories of awards.
An awards reception in the summer will honor the winners. The awards are:
- Landowner Appreciation Award: This award honors a property owner in Gray who has gone above and beyond to support local efforts and goals to maintain open space and recreation access.
- Spirit of America Award: A local person, project, or group will receive the Gray Spirit of America Award for outstanding community service.
- Volunteer of the Year: A person who during the last year has gone above and beyond to improve our community through volunteerism.
- Committee of the Year: A Town Council-appointed committee that has provided exemplary community service through its activities throughout the year.
- Organization of the Year: An organization serving the citizens of Gray that has made a substantial positive impact in the community in the last year.
- Lifetime Achievement Award: A citizen who has displayed a lifetime of volunteer service to Gray.
- Evelyn Morrill Durgin Award: Evelyn Durgin was an unsolicited, tireless volunteer toward the care and upkeep of the Civil War Monument. The recipient of this award should exemplify the essence of Evelyn's humility, dedication to, and love for Gray.
To learn more about nominations for the Town of Gray's various volunteerism awards, including how to submit nominations, please visit our Nomination page