Each year, Gray recognizes and celebrates the folks who are the backbone of the community: our dedicated volunteers.
The Gray Town Council encourages and welcomes nominations from Gray citizens who wish to recognize other community members for their volunteer contributions as they relate to the six categories of awards. An awards reception in the summer will honor the winners.
The award categories available for nominations are:
- Volunteer of the Year: A person who during the last year has gone above and beyond to improve our community through volunteerism.
- Committee of the Year: A Town Council-appointed committee that has provided exemplary community service through its activities throughout the year.
- Organization of the Year: An organization serving the citizens of Gray that has made a substantial positive impact in the community in the last year.
- Lifetime Achievement Award: A citizen who has displayed a lifetime of volunteer service to Gray.
- Evelyn Morrill Durgin Award: Evelyn Durgin was a tireless volunteer for the upkeep of Gray’s Civil War Monument. The recipient of this award should exemplify the essence of Evelyn's humility, dedication to, and love for Gray.
- Landowner Appreciation Award: Private landowners play a key role in supporting recreation and open space in Gray. Allowing access to their land, enabling trail connectivity, and volunteering with local organizations are some of the many ways local leaders demonstrate commitment to our community. This award honors a property owner in Gray who has gone above and beyond to support local efforts and goals to maintain open space and recreation access.
Visit this page to submit your nominations! Nomination forms are also available at the Town Office or in PDF format. The deadline for nominations is May 30, 2022.