COMPREHENSIVE PLAN STEERING COMMITTEE CHARGE
1. The Comprehensive Plan Steering Committee was created on May 7, 2019.
1. The Comprehensive Plan Steering Committee shall consist of a minimum of nine (9) and a maximum of eleven (11) members and two (2) alternates.
C. Duties are to oversee:
1. The compilation of a Comprehensive Plan to replace the current 15+ year old Plan.
2. That the Plan incorporates input from a cross-section of the Town residents and represents the majority of Gray residents, property owners, and businesses through extensive public outreach.
3. To create a viable and implementable Future Land Use Plan designed to accommodate anticipated residential and commercial growth over the next 10 to 20 years.
4. The final plan should include sufficient measures to be deemed consistent with the Growth Management Act by the State.
The Comprehensive Plan is arguably the most influential long-term visioning documents for any municipality. As the Town's "blueprint" for the next 10 to 20 years, it provides policy guidance for a host of elements including directing where future residential and commercial development will occur. Despite the effort and countless details necessary to develop such an encompassing Plan, many residents find it rewarding to be an integral player in a collaborative effort to shape the future of their Town.
The Gray Town Council has identified a new Comprehensive Plan as one of their top priorities. The existing Plan is 15+ years old and was written before the Rt. 26 By-pass around the Village.
The entire Comprehensive Plan process can take up to 2 years to complete but the Town fully intends to complete it within 18 months.
Core Commitee Members (11)
|Robert Egan Jr.|
|Krista Chappell, Vice Chair|
|Justin Tennant, Chair|