The Town of Gray is seeking an Adult Services / Reference Librarian who plans and coordinates programs, services, and activities for the adult Library population, aids in collection development of all adult materials, catalogs materials, promotes the library through social media, website development, and other publicity efforts, and shares circulation duties as needed.
Knowledge, Ability, Skills Required:
- Must be able to work in typical office and library conditions; work environment is moderately quiet.
- Must be able to work occasionally outside of the library’s normal business hours.
- Must be able to apply principles of library system to solve practical problems and to respond to routine information requests.
- Must be able to identify and analyze new trends in library service.
- Must be able to interpret instructions both in written and oral form.
- Must possess typing, filing, computer data-entry, and general mathematical skills.
- Must possess knowledge of a wide variety of literature and non-print materials.
Position is open until filled. Please forward a completed Town of Gray employment application, along with a cover letter, resume and proof of proper certifications to:
Town of Gray
Human Resources Dept.
24 Main Street
Gray, ME 04039
Application may also be submitted via email to Jonathan Hartt.
The Town of Gray is an Equal Opportunity Employer.