Emergencies happen day and night. Could a rescue, fire, or police vehicle find you at night? Gray Fire Rescue in conjunction with the Public Safety Committee wants to remind you to number your house or mailbox in an easily visible area.
Public Safety Recommendations
- Post your numbers on both sides of the mailbox.
- Use 4" reflective numbers.
- If you have a PO Box or your home is not easily visible from the road, post numbers on a post close to the road.
- If your mailbox is clustered with others, post coinciding numbers on your home also.
- Post numbers on your home where they are closest and most visible to the road.
If you know someone who is in need of having their home number posted or you have questions, please call central station at 207-657-3931 Monday through Friday 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM.