May 15, 2018, the Gray Town Council adopted a new ordinance for the Town of Gray.
Ordinance 209, Fireworks Ordinance, will go into effect on June 14, 2018. This puts restrictions and limitations on specific days and times that consumer fireworks can be used in the Town of Gray.
As summer rapidly approaches, it is important to be mindful of these new changes in effect as the Town of Gray’s Administration and Enforcement Officials are now authorized to issue violation fines, or may seize and dispose fireworks of those not in compliance.
The major bullet points to know are:
- Consumer Fireworks may only be set off during the following days/times:
- July 3rd: 12:00 P.M. until 10:00 P.M
- July 4th: 12:00 P.M. until 11:00 P.M.
- Saturday following July 4th From 6:00 P.M. to 10:00 P.M
- Saturday preceding Labor Day weekend From 6:00 P.M. to 10:00 P.M
- Labor Day weekend Saturday From 6:00 P.M. to 10:00 P.M
- 9:00 AM on December 31st until 12:30 A.M. on January 1st
- January 1st from 12:00 P.M. until 10:00 P.M.
- No fireworks shall be set off on any day with a Fire Danger Class of 3, 4, or 5. Any person(s) setting off fireworks shall be responsible for verifying the Fire Danger Class on any day that consumer fireworks are set off.
- No person shall use, display, throw, drop or cause to set off any consumer fireworks or fireworks within any public way or within 50 feet of a public way.
- No person shall use, display, throw, drop or cause to set off any consumer fireworks or fireworks within 75 feet of any building or structure.
Read the Full Ordinance Here
Any questions, please don’t hesitate to Contact: Code Enforcement