The services performed in this office are the following:
- Dedimus Justices: The swearing in of various public officials, including Notaries Public.
- Excising and registering of motor vehicles, ATVs, snowmobiles, and boats;
- Issuing of hunting and fishing licenses,
- Issuing of dog licenses;
- Maintenance of all vital records of the town by registering, filing and providing copies;
- Administration of elections;
- Voter registration and maintenance of the voting list;
- Custodian for all official town records;
- Clerk to the Council;
- Issuance of most licenses issued by the Town;
- Maintenance of a file of burials for the Town;
- Input and maintain a records management system for scanning storage and retrieval of Town records;
- Administration of the Records Retention Center, including records destruction;
- Notary services;
- Supplying the citizens with copies of public records and ordinances.
The Town of Gray does not offer passport services. The nearest location to obtain a passport is through the Town of Windham. More information about passport services offered in Windham is available on the Town's website.
Concealed firearm permits are issued through the Maine State Police Licensing Division. Their mailing address is State House Station #164, Augusta, ME 04333-0164 and their phone number is (207) 624-7210.