All snowmobile & ATV registrations expire June 30th of each year.
Who can use the online registration service?
- Maine residents renewing an ATV or snowmobile registration. New registrations must be done through a registration agent or the IF&W main office in Augusta.
- Non-residents may register ATVs and snowmobiles online.
Maine residents registering an ATV/snowmobile for the first time must do so in person at Gray Town Office.
- Please bring in your most recent snowmobile / ATV registration for renewals. To renew your snowmobile registration, you will need to pay a $45 state registration fee and a $1 agent fee. ATV’s are $33 plus a $1 Agent fee to re-register.
- To register a snowmobile / ATV purchased through a private sale for the first time, you will need to bring in a bill of sale (the bill of sale should include the sellers name and address, the buyers name and address, the serial #, make, year and purchase price). A 5.5% Maine sales tax will be collected based on the purchase price on the bill of sale.
- To register a snowmobile / ATV purchased through a Maine dealer for the first time, you will need a receipt or bill of sale from the dealer, indicating sales tax was paid is required.