OVERVIEW OF MAJOR IN-PROGRESS TASKS & GOALS
- Update the Comprehensive Plan
- Strategic Planning
- Open Space Plan
- Growth Plan
- Economic Development
- Village TIF
- Infrastructure planning/funding
- Traffic/Safety Issues
- Toll Avoidance/Inequity
- Intersection upgrades
- Bike/Pedestrian infrastructure
- Budget/Expense Management
- CIP Fund
- Solar Array
- Revenue Streams
Over the years, many ideas would come forward in workshop or council meetings or be identified by Town Staff. These ideas were discussed but would not be defined within the context of all work being done. Some were logged on individual Staff lists but were not compiled in a master list. Newer items would bump older items from planned activity simply because they were discussed most recently. Direction on priorities was missing. Follow-up on outstanding items was not done consistently. And, lower priority items would resurface without historical reference on past discussions. Residents had no way of knowing (without watching every meeting/workshop) what the Council was currently working on or where a specific item may fall within the larger list of items.
In 2017, as part of their goal setting, the Town Council created a Tracking Spreadsheet.
The goal of the spreadsheet was multi-faceted:
- Ensure the capture of all suggestions, projects, activities created or connected to the Town Council’s work.
- Allow for identification of Council Goals and top Priorities.
- Allow for prioritization of all items to assist Town Staff with allocating resources and setting realistic timelines. This includes readjustment of prioritization as new issues arise and/or take precedence over existing issues.
- Ensure regular follow-up on all items.
- Allow for transparency with residents by providing a complete list of Council activity.
At the end of each Council meeting, the Task Spreadsheet is reviewed/updated as needed based on current activity. The Task Spreadsheet is published as part of every agenda packet usually at the end of the packet and is also posted on the Town Website.