Fire Permits are Required by Law
All permits are granted at the discretion of Gray Fire Rescue and may not be issued for certain conditions such as wind.
Fire Danger is measured by Class Day that is issued by the Maine State Forestry Service. Each day from April to November a Class is issued for the day.
No Permits are issued when Class Day is 3 or higher.
Residents of Gray must obtain a burning permit for all open burning.
There are two ways to obtain a permit:
- Stop at Gray Public Safety, 125 Shaker Road
Mon. – Fri. 8 am to 4 pm
Sat. – Sun. 9 am to 11 am
- Online at BurningPermit.com - This will give you the option of submitting for a permit from Gray Fire Rescue or buying a permit from the Maine State Forestry site.
Please keep in mind:
- The Gray online site is only available on the hours listed above.
- Burning is allowed only after 5 PM on weekdays and all day on weekends.
- If burning is not allowed due to conditions the online sites will be blocked.