At the Heart of it All
Conveniently nestled between Portland (18 miles), Freeport (15 miles), and nearby Windham (8 miles) on the shores of Lake Sebago, Gray offers an abundance of recreational, dining, shopping, and business opportunities while retaining its quiet residential flavor.
Gray is a perfect home base for your visit to southern Maine.
The quintessential New England town is full of history and charm. Among the many activities to explore, you will find:
- Picturesque Libby Hill Forest with miles of hiking and cross country skiing trails;
- The superb Spring Meadows Golf Course & Country Club
- The Maine Wildlife Park
- Over 100 Geocaches within about a five mile radius of the center of Gray Village
- The ruins of the Mayall Woolen Mill, the first successful water-powered woolen mill in North America
- Maine's Unknown Confederate Soldier
- The Dry Mills School House Museum, dating back to the 1700s;
- Dozens of historic homes and buildings
There is plenty to see and do right here in Gray.
Additionally, a stay in greater Gray provides access to amazing alpine skiing, beautiful beaches, downtown Portland, the White Mountains in New Hampshire, Sebago Lake, and some of the most stunning countryside in New England – all easily within an hour’s drive.