- The membership of the Finance Committee shall consist of three (3) members, one (1) member shall be a Town Councilor.
- All other members shall be chosen from among the citizens duly registered to vote in Gray.
- The Council member(s) shall be appointed annually following the municipal election.
- The Finance Committee's role shall be advisory only, except for those duties and responsibilities specified to them by the Town Charter or by ordinance. Some of the responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Any time this committee schedules to meet, it shall properly notice the public in accordance with the Town Charter and State law. 3. All committee votes are advisory and shall be reported to the Council as a whole for final disposition.
- Review the monthly financial reports of the Town, including the Town's investments and policy and report the results to the Council as a whole.
- Develop and review biannually, the investment policies of the Town, assuring that all assets of the Town have been properly protected and invested in compliance with State and Federal laws and regulations.
- Meet with the auditors annually and report their findings to the Council.
- If so authorized, the Committee may recommend additional procurement policy items in accordance with the Charter that may be recommended to the management of the Town.
- Make recommendations to the Council.
|Bruce Foshay, Liaison||2020|
|Sharon Young, Vice Chair||2020|
|Charles Cote, Chair||2022|