All individuals applying for Town of Gray job opportunities are required to complete and submit a Town of Gray Employment Application (PDF).
- Applications shall be made on forms provided by the Town. Such forms shall require information covering training, experience and other pertinent information. All applicants must sign their application forms. Any misrepresentations, falsifications or material omissions may result in an applicant’s exclusion, or, if the person has been hired, termination.
- Preference may be given to qualified applicants who are residents of the Town.
- The Town is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to complying fully with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
- The Town complies with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986. Each new employee must complete Employment Eligibility Verification Form I-9 and present documentation establishing identity and employment eligibility the original to be kept on file with the Finance Department.
- The Town will check references and needed licensure of qualified job applicants.
- An offer of employment is conditional on the following where applicable: a medical examination, a psychological evaluation, a criminal background check, a drug and alcohol test and a driving record. It is the practice of the Town of Gray to initiate at least a criminal background check for all prospective employees, as well as necessary independent contractors and volunteers to ensure the welfare and safety of the citizens in the Town of Gray.
Please see the Town of Gray Personnel Policy for additional information.