Founded in 1907, the Gray Public Library started as a small collection on the top floor of Stimson Hall. It moved to the Pennell Institute in 1952 and in 1977 migrated to its’ current location on Hancock Street, the former home of the Hancock School.
The Gray Public Library currently serves the communities of Gray and New Gloucester and offers access to various types of materials including print books, audio books, ebooks, movies, local genealogy information and periodicals. We are part of a statewide interlibrary loan program which makes materials from other libraries available to our patrons. We regularly offer programming for both children and adults such as the summer reading program, story time, and afternoon and evening book clubs. Through the generosity of the Gray Public Library Association, the library is able to offer passes for discounted admission to the Portland Museum of Art, Wildlife Park and the Children’s Museum.
To find out more about becoming a member of the Gray Public Library, visit us at 5 Hancock Street today!
|Darcel DeVou||Circulation Manager|
|Kathy George||Children's Librarian|
|Cassie Comora||Adult Services Librarian|