Fire/Medical Emergencies: Dial 9-1-1
Non-Emergencies Cumberland County Dispatch
EMS Billing Questions?
Contact the Billing Clerk at (207) 657-3339
The dedicated men and women of the department are well trained and ready to serve our citizens with a variety of services. I hope you find our website informative and will answer any questions you may have about our department.
The Mission of Gray Fire Rescue is to promote, protect, and improve the health, safety, property and environment of the citizens and visitors of our community through fire suppression, emergency medical care, and public education, with professionally trained personnel, using teamwork and the resources provided by the community.
Code of Ethics
- As members of this department, we have chosen to be part of a team that takes pride in representing this mission through dedication and integrity.
- We will strive to be role models in the community and leaders in our profession.
- We will be accountable to those we serve, each other and organizations we interact with.
- We will pledge to always “Answer the call”
- We are committed to providing the best public service through innovative training, education and equipment.
- We will take Gray Fire Rescue into the future through productive teamwork, open and honest communications, and participative decision-making throughout the organization.
- We are committed to our values, mission, and dedicated to our Town.
- Our organization is driven to provide a cost effective and efficient Public Safety Department while honoring our values, accomplishing our mission, and achieving our goals.
24/7 Emergency Response
The department provides 24-hour emergency protection to the residents of Gray with Advanced Life Support emergency medical response and fire suppression operations. Training, emergency management, public inspections, and public education are also within the department’s list of duties. Gray fire-rescue personnel protect a variety of property types, such as highways, condominiums, single family homes, apartment buildings, manufacturing, commercial- industrial and a variety of businesses.
Fire Rescue personnel respond to over 1,200 incidents on an annual basis. With over 135 years of dedicated service, your fire-rescue personnel are here to serve you, the residents and visitors of the great Town of Gray.
FIRE FIGHTERS AND EMTs: What We Do
|Kurt Elkanich||Department Head / Fire Chief||(207) 657-3931|