UPDATE (8/25/23): You can watch the recording of this event here.
Join Gray Community Television, the Gray Communications and IT Department, and your neighbors and friends for an exciting event dedicated to the art of capturing and creating community storytelling in Gray! This event, held at the Gray Public Library on Thursday, August 24, 2023, at 10 a.m. aims to connect our community through the power of visual storytelling. Whether you're an amateur videographer or photographer, experienced professional, interested in learning new skills or non-technical ways to contribute to our community, this event is for you!
Participants can expect to learn:
- Introducing Gray Community Television: Discover the purpose and vision behind Gray Community Television as we strive to connect our community through local television. Learn how this platform allows residents to showcase their talent, stories, and ideas to a wider audience.
- How Residents Populate the Channel: Find out how you can contribute to the channel and become an active part of the community. Explore how to film your own videos or sponsor content for the channel. Additionally, familiarize yourself with the Public Access form, which provides guidelines and requirements for submitting content.
- How to Shoot Videos in the Community: Discover various methods available for capturing high-quality videos in our community. Gain insights into using smartphones as a powerful tool for recording footage. Furthermore, explore the option of renting equipment or utilizing resources available at the Gray Public Library to elevate your skills.
- Basics of Good Videography and Photography: Delve into the essential principles that contribute to creating visually appealing videos and photos.
- Transferring Phone Footage to Editing Software: Discover the methods for transferring video footage and images from your smartphone onto a computer for editing.
- Basics of Video Editing: We’ll use Adobe Premiere Pro to demo editing, and explore the essential features and tools available within the software. Learn basic editing techniques, including trimming, transitions, adding audio, and exporting your final video project.
Join us for an event of learning, inspiration, and community engagement as we explore creating community storytelling in Gray. Don't miss this opportunity to enhance your videography and photography skills while contributing to the vibrant tapestry of our community. We look forward to seeing you there! This event will be recorded for future viewing.
If you have any questions about this event, please contact Gray Community Television Station Manager Kyle Hadyniak at email@example.com.