- The Committee shall be responsible for performing and carrying out its duties in accordance with the rules, regulations, and guidelines set forth in the Gray Land Bank Ordinance adopted September 6, 1988, as amended.
- The Recreation and Conservation Committee shall consist of five (5) members.
- In addition, a staff member of the Recreation Department shall be a non-voting ex-officio member of the committee.
- The Committee shall advise and recommend to the Town Council on recreational and public parks matters, such as: programs, policies, development, planning, or leisure time activities.
- In cooperation with the Town Manager and the Parks and Recreation Director the Committee shall assist in initiating and maintaining progressive programs and activities.
- The Committee shall advise and recommend to the Town Council, public and private committees, and the general public as to the protection, research, development and use of the natural resources located within the territorial limits of the Town.
- The Committee shall recommend to the Town Council the purchase, the gift or other acquisition of land, easements or interest in land; in order to maintain and manage it in a manner which allows for public use and enjoyment consistent with the natural, historic and scenic resources of the land.
- The Committee shall, prior to making any recommendations pursuant to this section, submit its recommendations to the Planning Board at least thirty (30) days in advance.
- The Committee shall be responsible for developing and maintaining an open space, public access, and outdoor recreation plan which shall be consistent with the Town's Comprehensive Plan and with any regional plan.
- The Committee shall prepare and maintain an index of all open areas, publicly or privately owned, within the Town and including but not limited to open marsh lands, swamps, and wetlands to assimilate and retain information pertinent to the proper utilization, protection and potential development or use of such open areas.
|Anne Gass, Council Liaison||2020|